Tuesday, May 15, 2012

'Get Up on the Dance Floor!'

After a little bit of contemplating and a whole lot of procrastinating, I've finally moved onto the second chunk of my listen-to-every-CD-I-own project (still don't have a catchy name, suggestions welcome) and am now tackling my sizable Madonna collection.

I listened to "Erotica," the first Madonna CD and second Madonna release I ever bought (the first being "True Blue" on cassette), on the ride into work this morning. I'll go into this more at the end of the stack, but "Erotica" is a tragically underrated and wrongly vilified album that marked one more step on Madonna's path from pop tartlet to artist.

"Immaculate Collection" is currently keeping me company at work. It's hard for me not to be staggered by this package, the amazing number of hits she created over the last four decades that still hold up and the massive amount of other gems she recorded that didn't find their way onto the CD. Listening to songs like "Holiday," "Into the Groove," "Express Yourself" and "Vogue" sitting at a desk and not somewhere that I'd have the space and freedom to dance and sing out is more than a little wrong.

So here's what I have in store over the next week or so:

Erotica
The Immaculate Collection
Original Soundtrack: Evita
Ray of Light
Something to Remember
True Blue
Like a Prayer
Bedtime Stories
Madonna
Live a Virgin
Music
You Can Dance
I'm Breathless
GHV2
Original Soundtrack: Who's That Girl?
American Life
Remixed & Revisited
I'm Going to Tell You a Secret
Confessions on a Dance Floor
The Confessions Tour
Original Soundtrack: Vision Quest
Hard Candy
Sticky & Sweet Tour
Celebration
Glee: The Power of Madonna
MDNA (clean and deluxe versions)

No comments:

Post a Comment