Saturday, July 14, 2012

'Let Your Love Light Shine'

I've made it through a few more artists in my quest to listen to every CD I own. I thought I might fall back in love with some CDs during this process and definitely did over the last few weeks, particularly with the Black Crowes chunk I just finished and the INXS chunk I'm currently enjoying.

I've been a fan of The Black Crowes since junior high. I was trying to remember what originally drew me to the band in 1990 and can't place the exact moment, but think it was probably one of the band's videos. The band's mix of blues, gospel and soul hit me just right back then. On truly hard days, I'd blast "Seeing Things" or "Sister Luck" from "Shake Your Money Maker."

The band's music has made me happy (or at least less sad), comforted me and inspired me. The songs are fantastic and funky. It's definitely something I need to revisit.

Here's where I've been:

Brian Setzer/Brian Setzer Orchestra/Stray Cats:
"Best of the Stray Cats-Rock This Town"
"Brian Setzer Live"
"Guitar Slinger"
"The Dirty Boogie"
"Rockabilly Riot! Volume One: A Tribute to Sun Records"

NKOTB:
"Face the Music"

The Black Crowes:
"Three Snakes and One Charm"
"By Your Side"
"Lions"
"Shake Your Money Maker"
"The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion"
"Live Circus '95"
"Croweology"

Here's where I am:
INXS:
"Elegantly Wasted"
"Live Baby Live"
"Shabooh Shoobah"
"Full Moon, Dirty Hearts"
"The Greatest Hits"
"The Swing"
"INXS"
"Kick"
"X"
"Welcome to Wherever You Are"
"Listen Like Thieves"
"Beneath the Colours"
"Shine Like It Does"

No comments:

Post a Comment