Friday, February 26, 2010

I Gotta Feeling

I've been thinking about making a mix with inspirational, get-up-and-face-the-day songs. A few have been kicking around in my mind, but I haven't started making the set list yet. When I do, I know that the Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling" will make the list.

The song is just pure energy. I dug it throughout the summer during its reign at the top of the Billboard charts, but hearing it live at the Rose Bowl, closing out a fantastic set that featured a guest appearance by Slash, nearly every one of the 90,000 people packing the stadium on their feet, arm waving, jumping up and down, the energy climbing with U2's set just around the corner, has deepened my enthusiasm for the song.

It's Friday, the weather may suck but the weekend is here. Whatever you're doing, wherever you're going, have a ball. With a theme song like this, it's kind of hard not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment