Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Erin Go Bragh

To honor St. Patrick's Day, I don't drink green beer or eat Lucky Charms or anything else cheesy like that. I do like to pull out music by some of my favorite Irish artists and think about my long-ago, far-away home.

Below, a few favorites:

The Pogues "Dirty Old Town" (my go-to request at pubs)


The Cranberries "Dreams" (I love the banshee-like notes she hits at the end)


The Corrs "Breathless" (this song is directly responsible for my second trip to Ireland)


U2 "Pride" (of all of U2's videos, I chose this one because it was filmed in Dublin)


Bono and The Corrs "Summer Wine" (two great Irish voices comes together in this sexy cover of a Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood classic)


Enjoy what's left of your St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment