Thursday, March 18, 2010

One More Try

I could easily waste away entire days on YouTube checking out all the videos from the '80s and '90s that I adored, the songs that played at junior high dances, whose lyrics made it into yearbook messages, the songs I bought as cassette singles.

In homage to the wonderful treasure trove that is YouTube, from time to time I'll seek out and post one of those classics of the video era.

Thanks to the constant rotation of "oldies" on KGGI, I get to relive the glorious music from back in the day. Today on the drive home from lunch, Timmy T's mega-hit "One More Try" was playing (it hit No. 1 on the Hot 100 and was played about 20 times a day on Top 40 radio). The song came out in 1990 and probably hasn't been played much since about 1992, but I still know all the words. I can remember being one in a busload of seventh and eighth graders singing "One More Try" full out on the way to and from a choir competition (it was played a lot).

For your listening and viewing pleasure (because we sure did know how to dress back then, got to love the mustard-color sports jacket and harem pants), Timmy T's "One More Try":

No comments:

Post a Comment