Thursday, April 8, 2010

National Express

Working at home has many benefits, including being able to stream radio. Today, I have been listening to Ireland's RTE 2fm for the first time in about five years. One song they played took me back to my first trip to Ireland and our bus' theme song, "National Express" by Divine Comedy.

I haven't heard that song in seven or eight years, but perked up as soon as the tune started in. This was the song that woke us up in the morning and got us excited for our next destination. Hearing it today, I saw the faces of my tour mates, the piles of peet being harvested on the side of the road, the flocks of sheep, the puffy clouds.

I can't believe it's been so long since I was last in Ireland. Though I've only spent a few days there in my entire life, it's stuck with me. I should go back.

So wake up everybody and get ready for your next exciting destination with "National Express."

No comments:

Post a Comment