Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dancing in the Dark

Today is Triple Play Thursday on The Sound, so I was enjoying their U2 block and stayed on for Bruce Springsteen. I am an admirer of Bruce Springsteen but not a super-fan; I own two albums ("Born to Run" and "Born in the USA") and have a few favorite songs ("Born to Run" topping that list and many others) but have never seen the man or his E Street Band in concert and don't know about all the bootlegs and rarities and imports and all that. But when I hear one of the Bruce songs that I love, I turn it up and sing along.

One of those songs was part of today's triple play—"Dancing in the Dark." I've liked this song since I was a kid when the video was being played all the time and the world was first introduced to Courtney Cox. As I've gotten older and learned the words and felt the words more and more, I've grown to love the song.

A lot of us are in a physical, spiritual, emotional or metaphysical place we don't care for very much and want desperately to change. Wanting to change and actually making change happen are two very different things, which is what "Dancing in the Dark" is all about for me. I've been waiting for that spark, that jolt for so long, maybe I have to ignite it myself.

I'll keep you posted.



One more thing, there are just 11 more days until Bono turns 50 and the African Well Fund's Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser ends. The support so far has been amazing but AWF can still use all the support it can get to reach its goal of raising $50,000 in honor of this amazing man's big day to fund a clean water and sanitation project in Zimbabwe. For more information, including how you can make a donation, click here. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment