Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Half of My Heart

I'm sending out best wishes to a few of my favorite guys today. Last week, Bono had to undergo emergency back surgery so U2's North American tour has been postponed to next year. I was supposed to see the band next Sunday in Anaheim and the following week in Oakland, so have to admit I'm a little disappointed that I have to wait nearly a year to see the band live again, but I hope Bono will take the time to fully recover.

Yesterday, John Mayer announced the postponement of his remaining European tour dates because he's had to come home to recover from illness.

To both of you, get well soon!!

John Mayer's latest video also premiered yesterday. It's for the song "Half of My Heart," which has really grown on me since "Battle Studies" first came out. Even though this duet with Taylor Swift doesn't fully live up to the Stevie Nicks/Tom Petty comparisons that have been made about it, "Half of My Heart" is still a really good song and I like the video, too. How does an artist recover his image after being trashed every which way for being a unapologetic heartbreaker? By casting himself as a runaway groom, of course.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I admit, this song has been growing on me, too. It's a good song, but I definitely would not classify it as a legendary duet.

    ReplyDelete